Clinical Pilates is a form of physical exercise that focuses on posture, core stability, balance, control, strength, flexibility, and breathing.It helps to treat and prevent injuries particularly those of the neck and back, shoulders and hips.
This is based on research that demonstrates strong evidence to support the use of therapeutic exercise in the management of patients with injuries, particularly low back pain. Recent research advocates the retraining of the deep stabilizing muscles for patients with low back pain. Clinical Pilates focuses on the retraining and recruitment of these stabilizing muscles (core stability) as well as improving posture, strength and flexibility.
Clinical Pilates ensures optimal gains whilst minimizing the risk of injury aggravation. Our classes are kept to a small size to ensure individual attention and to make sure that your exercises are being completed correctly. Exercises can be tailored to each clients individual need.
There are lots benefits to be gained from performing Clinical Pilates exercises. Some of these include:
- Improved posture and core stability
- Increased muscular strength and flexibility
- Prevention of injuries
- Restoration of normal movement patterns
- Increased co-ordination and muscular control
- Firmer and flatter stomach muscles
- Improved overall body tone and fitness
- Improved balance
What are the benefits of Post Natal Pilates?
- Improves your core strength, posture and pelvic floor strength
- Helps prevent and manage incontinence after pregnancy
- Regain your strength and fitness
- Help manage and prevent back, neck and joint pain
- Improve posture, flexibility and balance
- Aids in a quicker recovery post labour and improved body shape
Please contact us to discuss your suitability for clinical pilates classes.